Monday 14 March 2011

Valerie's Packing list

I am walking with the following in my pack as practise:-
2 shirts  340gm
3 T shirts/vests  345gm
Terry's shirt x 175gm
Trousers x 400gm
2 Long sleeved T shirts 300gm
Longjohns 240gm
Underwear 150gm
Socks 200gm
Dress/nightwear 160gm
2 Fleeces x350gm = 700gm
Poncho 340gm
Waterproof trousers 200gm
Wash bag and medical:- shampoo, soap, pegs and elastic line etc 340gm
Towel 100gm
Rucksack 1.06kg
Water bottles 2x 500ml =1kg when full
Total weight = 6kg 250gm

This is the maximum I would have to carry if the weather was hot and I was wearing shirt and trousers without needing the T-shirts or a fleece. In reality I would expect to be wearing some of the 'extra' items at present in my pack bringing the weight down to around 5.5kg including water. This would enable me to carry our snack bars or food for the day without being overloaded. (The 7kg was a bit too much I decided)

2 comments:

  1. Ok..question...is the dress of Valerie's for wearing in the afternoons? For post walking? Been trying to figure out weather or not to bring something like that or not! Would love to know..Gracias, ksam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is to wear in the afternoon/evening when we have finished walking. For Santiago and post Camino too. It is sleeveless and will take a T-shirt under if needed (pinafore style). Also if it is warm it will double as a nightdress. It came from Rohan, is very quick drying and non-iron. Sadly they no longer make them.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete