Thursday 27 August 2009

Templer Way - 2

Today we both walked part of the Templer Way, 7.6km in 2 hours including a coffee break. Terry keeps shortening my stick, by a few millimetres a time, until we get it right. Nearly there I think.
Next week sees us aiming for some longer or more strenuous walks. I also need to get used to carrying my new rucksack regularly. At present it weighs around 3.5k without water and includes a complete change of clothes, my waterproof poncho, fleece and a few 'odds and ends'. I need to add in a towel and liner-sheet for weight. As the bag is only 20 litre my Crocs will have to tie on the outside when needed. However this was the most comfortable fit for me and Terry has said he will have room for some of our shared items - First Aid kit etc. We are not expecting to take sleeping bags so that will be space saved.



Photos:
The footbridge is over a stream near Teigngrace.

The railway from the Heathfield Industrial Estate to Newton Abbot only gets occasional use!

No comments:

Post a Comment